Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Welcome to my blog

Hello everyone,

I've decided to give blogging a try and see if my thoughts on project management might be of use to other Project Managers out there.

A little bit about myself. I am a Project Manager with Ascentium Corporation - a leading digital agency with capabilities and expertise spanning brand strategy, design, development, infrastructure, customer relationship management (CRM), Portals and Collaboration, and business intelligence (BI).

I would consider myself a generalist; I am a strong believer that a good PM can run a variety of projects. Some of my most recent work includes a Silverlight implementation, a WPF client application distributed through ClickOnce, and a number of SharePoint implementation.

What kind of posts do I expect to make? Well, one of my favorite technical areas of project management is Earned Value. I've been using it on most of my projects, and it is a fantastic tool for keeping the clients up-to-date on where the project is today. So definitely expect some posts on Earned Value.

Another area I am very interested in is psychology. There are many PMs out there focusing on wha I call technical aspects of the job - putting together a work breakdown structure, making estimates, etc. However, few people seem to focus on psychology and the understanding of the human behavior - things that are invaluable for a Project Manager.

Finally, you can expect some sales and marketing posts. Since Ascentium is an interactive agency, a lot of our clients are in Sales and Marketing, and I've been doing a lot of reading in this area and have been applying the information I learn on my projects as a value add-on to our clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment